For many years, the tradition of the white dress has been shifting. In 2012, it has been shattered by Vera Wang’s stunning and groundbreaking Fall 2012 Wedding dresses.
With wedding gowns in nude and black color schemes and featuring two-tone tulle dresses, dramatic mermaid dresses and the “Black Widow,” brides can now make a personal statement with their wedding dress and not conform to the contemporary limits passed down by past traditions. And for those who still want white, but with a fashion forward twist, Wang featured some of these wedding dresses in white on The View.
Wedding flowers to complement the nude, black or white wedding dress
When picking out flowers for your wedding bouquet and ceremony, consider the statement you want to make. When you are in dramatic Vera Wang wedding gowns, your flowers should complement the dress and its colors. Here are some thoughts from the Bassett Flowers wedding flower consultants:
- Monochromatic flowers which include the entire palate of dress and bridal parties.
- Succulents offer earthy greens and extend the natural decor.
- Bouquets for mermaid dresses are becoming popular with the additions of brown berries and fiddleheads.
- The darker the dress, the lighter the palette of color so as to complement the colors evenly.
- Pops of hot blue flowers, hot pink roses, electric yellows and exotic greens and filler create a stellar display and are a good option for brides in the neutral dress decor.
- Create centerpieces in complementary hues and tones of a specific color.