This privacy statement has been created in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting customer privacy.
Information We Collect
If you open an account on our site or make a purchase, we need your contact information including your name, e-mail address and mailing address to complete your transaction.
When you visit our website, we also collect some basic information that does not identify individual users. We use this information to determine our users demographics and interests, so that we can better understand and serve our users.
Use of Google Analytics to collect non-personally identifiable information.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our Web pages, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Fire Fox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows Vista, Mac OS), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, Cablevision, Optimum), the name of the Web pages you visit, the time you access our Web pages, and the length of time you stay on those pages.
We collect this information in order to determine which areas of our Web site are most popular and to enhance your experience with our Web site. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. However, please be assured that this information will in no way personally identify you or any other visitors of our Web site.
- Bassett Flowers, in order to provide a better understanding of our customers, our site’s conversion rates and our online marketing, uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. In addition, Bassett Flowers and Gifts may utilize Google’s display advertising, remarketing, impression reporting and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.
- Using Google Analytics’ Ads Settings, users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
- Other opt-out opportunities are available at: Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
- Bassett Flowers and Gifts may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show Bassett Flowers and Gifts ads on sites across the Internet.
- Bassett Flowers and Gifts, Teleflora and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
- Bassett Flowers and Gifts and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how r ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the website.
- Bassett Flowers and Gifts uses data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to gain a better understanding of who uses the site, how they use it and to determine which products are of interest. The overall goal is to gain a better understanding of our marketing, our customers and to use this information to provide a better customer experience.
- Our Web site uses ClickTale or other third party web analytics service. Such service may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text you type in this Web site. The service does not collect personally identifiable information that you do not voluntarily enter in this Web site. The service does not track your browsing habits across web sites which do not use the service. For more information on ClickTale or to disable the ClickTale service, please visit: www.clicktale.com.
Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
When opening an account or making a purchase, you have an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out from receiving emails from us. If you opt-in to receive information from us, we may use your purchase history, contact information and other registration information to provide you with more relevant information and email content. We may send emails to our users regarding changes in our services or other information we believe will be of interest to our users. If you prefer not to receive these emails, you can send us an email with the subject line no emails or reply to our email with the subject line no emails.
We may share aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns and related site information with other businesses, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may share your information with Teleflora and other reputable vendors for the purpose of sending out special offers via email and/ or in connection with the services provided by our site such as the delivery of flowers. Your information will not be shared for any other purpose and will be kept secured.
We cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. For example, we may be required to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that may be illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
All user credit card information is securely communicated using secure socket layer (SSL) software, which is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions.
All user information stored on our server is stored in an encrypted format. Notwithstanding these efforts, we caution you that perfect security does not exist on the Internet.
If this site contains any links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Changes to Privacy Statement; Consent
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this page periodically for changes. By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by us as described in this Privacy Statement.
Questions and Comments
We welcome your questions and comments about this Privacy Statement.
Contact us at: Bassett Flowers & Gifts, 305 S Main St, New City, NY 10956. Phone: 845-634-3638.