You have questions about wedding flowers and Bassett Flowers’ floral wedding consultants have put together answers posed by many of our brides-to-be.
Wedding Flower Consultations:
- Date of the wedding
- Other events you may need to have flowers for, such as the engagement photo, pre-wedding photos, bridal shower or luncheon, etc.
- Color of Maid of Honor and Bridesmaid dresses
- It’s important that we meet with you, the bride, so that you can tell us your style and expectations. You will be working closely with your floral wedding consultant and designer and we want you to be comfortable with the designer and our staff.
- Share ideas and photos of what you’d like the event to be like, for example: country, modern, minimal.
- Discuss your wedding budget.
- Plan a second meeting, where a sample arrangement will be available.
- The flowers used for your wedding bouquet should be in season.
- Costs concerns and wedding budgets should be discussed.
- The month of your wedding is a consideration. Seasonal temperatures, whether hot or cold, could negatively effect the flowers in your bouquet.
- Each church has individual needs and can be very specific about what floral arrangements can and cannot be used. Permission for pedals or runners in church aisles may be necessary.
- The elements are a special concern for outdoor weddings, especially when a chuppa is involved.
- The height of the ceilings.
- How much of the guests’ view of each other is blocked.
- The scent of the arrangements.
- Flowers for the ceremony.
- Flowers for the home for the wedding pictures.
- Arrangements for entry table and reception card table.
- Bar décor.
- Bassett Flowers is always happy to talk to you at anytime.
- Once the dates and colors of the wedding have been decided, concrete plans can be made.
- A deposit is needed to hold your date open.
- Approximately two weeks before the wedding, a schedule is created for delivery times, ceremony set up and reception set up.
- The day before the wedding, Bassett Flowers will call to double check all times, addresses, and answer any special concerns.