Let’s be honest, weddings can be expensive. But at Bassett Flowers, our Wedding Floral Designers are skilled at working with various budgets and as such, can offer you these tips to keep your wedding flowers budget under control.
Wedding Flower Budget Tips
- Have a budget in mind when you come in for your free consultation. It can be a range but be honest about what you believe you can spend. It allows for us to work with you on options to give you the wedding flowers of your dreams.
- Work within a color palette to save money with your wedding flowers. If your starting point is particular flowers, some of which can be quite expensive, you may be limiting your budget. Color palettes are more flexible and more expensive flowers can be interspersed within the surrounding flowers, thus making the most of your flowers and budget.
- Use in-season flowers and lighter colored flowers in your wedding bouquets and wedding flower arrangements. Holland products, especially the dark colored hydrangeas, are expensive. If your heart is set on dark hydrangeas, use them as accent flowers.
- Consider using half-high and half-low reception table centerpieces. While high centerpieces can be striking, you can make an equally beautiful statement using a combination of the high centerpieces with low lush ones, especially when combined with seasonal flowers.
- Use your bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets on the sweetheart table. They make it look great for pictures.
- Have your wedding flowers do double duty. Depending on the arrangement, flowers used at the ceremony along the aisle, can be used at the reception. Just realize time is needed to move and arrange the flowers.
Below are some of the wedding flower arrangements and bouquets our wedding floral designers created for our brides and grooms.